On my Shelf


I've been thinking about doing a little beauty post for a while now and as I've always been strictly fashion-based I thought it would make a nice change. I write about both fashion and beauty in my job and have been particularly busy with beauty the side of things recently which, along with several people encouraging me to open up my bathroom/beauty cabinet on my blog after seeing how much of a hoarder I am first hand, have led me to doing just that.... 

Having worked on magazines and online publications for the past 3 years I've been lucky enough to try lots of great products and work out exactly what works best for me so here's my personal pick of the bunch. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!


Skincare

One of my biggest revelations beauty wise was using oil doesn't give you spots, in fact it can often do the opposite!  Eve Lom is a big indulgence but one pot lasts me around 6-9 months so I kind of feel justified.  Plus, the results are amazing.  I use it every other night (simply because I'm forgetful!) and in the mornings I go for something fresher like Neutrogena pink grapefruit cleanser-cheap, cheerful and really works on keeping skin clear. My daily moisturizer is by Ren and other products in the mix include Shu Umera's oil cleanser and Eve Lom's TLC cream for when my skin's really parched.



 I'm a serum addict after getting into them while working at InStyle and constantly bug people into trying them! Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair before bed, Eve Lom Intense Hydration for winter skin, and Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum for everyday are my favorites. I whack on a few drops of bio oil every night too after using some Rose Water toner picked up on a recent trip to Florence.


Fragrance 
 
I'm pretty loyal to Diptique Vetyvero but occasionally go back to Chloe Love in the evenings. I was recently given Jo Malone's grapefruit cologne-it's really masculine so a bit different but I'm really liking how fresh it is.


Haircare

My hair's a bit of nightmare and hates being coloured so I have to try and tame it into submission with really good products. I use Frederick Fekkai Protein RX shampoo and conditioner to try and prevent my blonde ends from breaking off, and Philip Kingsley silver shampoo when it goes a bit dull and needs a lift. Philip Kinsgley elasticizer is the best leave-in conditioner and I can't get by without a de-tangler, opting for cheapie but a goodie like John Freida sheer blonde leave-in conditioner. Sachuan is a new, Scandi brand I discovered about six months ago and love their Hair Repair mask. I have to avoid the Liberty beauty hall so I don't get tempted to try yet another one of their products!


 Makeup

I'm pretty loyal with makeup and always use the same stuff. Clarins beauty flash balm, followed by Estee Lauder BB balm kicks it all off with Garnier caffeine under eye roller and By terry light expert lending a helping hand! Nars bronzer in Laguna, Laura Mercier cream blush and Laura Mercier bronzing gel are all great and give my pale skin a boost-I'm pretty much translucent during the winter months! I annoyingly lost my Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliner at the weekend (to be immediately replaced) but that's definitely a staple along with Bobbi Brown's fine brush seen here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment