CASUAL WEEKEND, UH


Sneakers - Vintage Nokia's, a gift from J some years ago

So, I'm going away for the weekend, or well, half of the weekend, with one of the companies I'm employed at. (To be honest I'm not employed at that many companies anymore. Or I am, but actually only work for this one nowaday, and with my own business of course). Anyway, this is the annual summerparty hosted in southern Estonia at a place with a great beach and lots of small cottages in the surrounding woods. I've been there the two past years too and it's been a lot of fun, a lot of mixed people (everything from seamen, harbourworkers to office chicks and waitresses. It's a big company) and a lot to drink.

But the thing is, what to wear, what to wear.

We're out in the woods and there are only small paths and a sandy road in the area. Now if I want to I can be very practic and casual. If I want to. Most of the time I don't. Practical yes maybe, casual, njaaah. There's a lot of being outdoors-playing-stupid-games and hanging at the beach all day. But there's also a restaurant and club at the area (that you also have to walk to along a damn small uneven path!) and it's not that posh but it's not all flipflops either.

So I don't want to go there totally turbocherry, but not all bimbo-wearing-heels-in-the-woods either. Hmmm. And let's not forget the the fact that I also have to pack according to the weather. You know, if it get's cold or starts raining or so.

Oh, I should just take example of the guys who I'm going there with - jeans and a t-shirt (maybe one extra shirt to go), that's it - they'll eat and sleep and get drunk in that and go home the next day a little shabby but hey that's life.

But what do you do when you just want to try and look really good all the time?*sigh*

EDIT: You know what,uh, I'll just pack my little sailor dress and leatherjacket with me and my chucks with a cherry lining (and sneak in a pair of low heels too just in case). Might have to take that little sailorhat with me also in case things get really wild...

0 comments:

Post a Comment