ROCKABILLY BOYS AND ROCKABILLY GIRLS


For those who don't know I'm quite into the fifties and rockabilly style. I've always thought "style before fashion" (it sounds sooo kliché I know :) and I greatly enjoy watching the creativity in the dressing of some strict style followers or people belonging to some certain underground styles.

I went to a gig on Thursday to see a cool band of rockabilly boys from the north, with the upright slapbass and ironwire guitar and all but the gig was kind of shit - too few people, the night never really got started. The next day I saw the same band plus a great local band at another venue and it was a rocking great night! And I have to add - stylish people; fifties girls and boys and some punks and oi-punks, rudeboys n'girls. When the rock club closed for the night we went for the clubs still open and ended up at a deep-house party. Quite the contrast :D

And then about the outfits: on Thursday I went out in my s&m china-insipired flower shirt and my favourite skirt, the denim skirt I've made. And I can't believe I can still wear my red peeptoes now in December! My thanks to the dry weather (and to thick stockings...).
On Friday I re-discovered my black wrap-around dress again, and I was happy for that; I hade totally forgotten about it. I figured out a way to hide the wrap-lace and thus higher the waistline of the dress a bit with my tacky-but-oh-so-lovely-cherry belt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment